For all you lucky leprechauns out there who are celebrating St. Paddy’s Day tomorrow, we’ve rounded up some scrumptious drink recipes that will last you throughout the day! And don’t forget to unwind during the day with one of the fabulous books listed below–they’re all delish!
For the a.m.:
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
- 6 ounces of hot, strong coffee
- Whipped cream
- Optional: 3/4 ounce Irish cream, or a teaspoon of brown sugarPour the whiskey into an Irish coffee mug. Put a spoon in the mug and pour in the hot coffee – the spoon somehow magically keeps the glass from breaking due to the hot liquid (don’t ask me how, just enjoy the laws of physics). If you’re adding sugar, do it now and stir until it dissolves. Add the whipped cream on top. Garnish with coffee beans, coffee grinds or brown sugar sprinkles.
For a festive, tropical lunch:
- 1/2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounces white tequila
- 1/2 ounces light rum
- 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Blue Curacao
- 4 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice
Fill a hurricane or parfait glass with ice. Pour in the liquors and top off with the orange juice. Garnish with an orange wheel and cherries.
For a classy happy hour:
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce Midori
- 1/2 ounce Domaine De Canton Ginger Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- Dash of Angostura bitters
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with crushed ice. Pour in all the ingredients and shake until chilled. Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass, and garnish with a lemon twist.
For dinner choose your favorite Irish beer!
And for a fun nightcap:
Irish Flag shot:
- 1/3 shot green creme de menthe
- 1/3 shot Licor 43
- 1/3 shot Irish cream
Carefully layer the ingredients in a shot glass in order.